XRC Labs 2016 Demo Day
NYC-BASED ACCELERATOR XRC LABS’ SECOND COHORT CLASS PRESENT MILESTONES ON DEMO DAY
The Crated Signs a Deal with Multi-Million Dollar Manufacturer Hela
(New York, NY, July 28, 2016) XRC Labs, a NYC-based accelerator focused on shaping the next generation of entrepreneurs in the retail and consumer goods sectors, presented the graduates of its Summer 2016 Cohort Class at today’s Demo Day held at The New School’s Parsons School of Design in New York City earlier today. These ten emerging companies presented their challenges, successes and lessons learned after completing the 10-week program with XRC Labs.
“Graduation” day highlights from XRC Labs’ Second Cohort Class include: Smart apparel platform The Crated has signed a deal with Hela Clothing, a multi-million dollar manufacturer that produces for brands including Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, and Levi’s; Perseus Mirrors’ “smart mirror” launched a Kickstarter campaign, garnering support from 75 backers and securing 63 preorders all within the first 24 hours; and international e-commerce platform ShopShops went live with its app in the Apple App Store today.
Pano Anthos, XRC Labs’ Founder and Managing Director, says “The 2016 Cohort Class is a dynamic mix of start-ups in the e-commerce, retail, design, interactive tech, 3D printing and smart materials sectors offering innovative product solutions to meet the needs of today’s consumer. We are inspired by the progress they have made in the past ten weeks and look forward to following their impact on the retail marketplace moving forward.”
The 2016 Summer Cohort Class graduates are:
- Banter: A direct messaging platform revolutionizing the way customers communicate with businesses today.
- Furnishr: An easy and affordable furnishing platform where you can have the interior design of your choice delivered, assembled, and cleaned up in a single day.
- OLAM (On-Line @ Mall): A new mall-based logistics platform that provides online customers with a “drive-up/ pick-up” option.
- Perseus Mirrors: The world’s first ‘smart mirror’ designed for the home.
- REVEAL: A mobile, multi-brand mobile pop-up platform for brands looking to reveal new products and expand their customer base offline.
- Seashells: The first real-time cash-back platform that allows consumers to redeem cash-back offers online as well as in-store.
- ShopShops: An immersive, cross-border e-commerce platform that connects Chinese consumers with U.S. brick-and-mortar retailers that they cannot access otherwise.
- STRYPES: A customization platform that empowers customers to personalize their favorite consumer goods online or through 3D printing experiences at partner storefronts.
- The Crated: The smart apparel fabrication platform that enables manufacturers to seamlessly integrate electronic circuitry into wearable textiles at scale.
- Wearaway: The first B2B marketplace for the $6B wardrobe rental industry.
For more information on XRC Labs or to schedule an interview please contact:
Melanie Scharler Caroline Andoscia
917-304-6492 212-475-2122 x 701
About XRC Labs
XRC Labs (@XRCLabs) is an accelerator dedicated to fostering the next generation of disruptors in the retail and consumer goods sectors. A venture sponsored by world-class retailers and brands as well as founding sponsor organizations Kurt Salmon and the Parsons School of Design at the New School, XRC has created a first of its kind, design-centric innovation ecosystem for the retail and consumer goods industries.
XRC provides workspace, access to capital, mentoring, and operational support to emerging companies in these sectors, offering two 10-week programs each year that bring together entrepreneurs, investors and sponsors to foster rapid innovation and unlock new opportunities in retail. Programs are hosted on the 5th Avenue campus of Parsons in Manhattan, the epicenter of retail, fashion and consumer goods.